Sunday, September 2, 2012

On The Archiving

Logged in tonight to start taking screenshots.
Way harder than I thought.
Looking at all the junk in my market slots, all those now pointless schemes, brought me down like a web grenade.  
Stacks of crappy recipes that were going to be good once I24 hit, crummy purples I was going to craft and sock away waiting for converters to pile up and prices to rebound, set recipes I was collecting for builds, salvage I was flipping...marketeering is all about looking down the road, taking the long view, sussing out future trends.  
And there isn't a future any more and now all my junk really is junk.

Fussed around with interfaces and binds and stuff and got snapshots of Nethergoat, Big Payback and Smelly Angry Bum before I got too depressed and had to log off.  There's a ton of new stuff in the Options menu I'd like to have had time to mess around with.  

I check the forums like a lab money yanking a food lever in its cage- even though all the lever does now is deliver electric shocks I can't make myself stop.

Anyway.
Here's the oldest surviving screenshot I have, dated 10-11-2004.
Not sure what happened to the earlier ones.
This one is one of my first characters, Doctor Love, emp/elec defender, and my pal's dm/regen scrapper Horseboi going up against some rikti (click to em-biggen).


and here's my ar/dev Big Payback, in his OG costume, apparently trying the respec trial. Also from October 2004. I don't even remember doing it with him, but that hallway is unmistakable.  That looks like my buddy's inv/energy tank TheShield.  It was based on a character from our pen and paper Champions campaign so the name was key.  
It was great when we finally got to 15 and could choose a title- he became Startling TheSheild


Weird to think *that* version of Big Payback was the most powerful he was ever going to be.  I had high hopes of I24 making him fun to play again- even though right now he has a range defense capped uber IO build (thanks Plainguy!) and is by any measure a "good" character, he's still never felt quite right to me after ED.

I'll mess around with tonight's screens and try and get at least the Goat's archive entry posted tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment