Sunday, September 2, 2012

Farewell, City of Heroes

A few days ago NC Soft announced they were canceling City of Heroes, my online gaming home for most of the past decade (minus a year hiatus due to the rigors of childrearing).  Its a strange feeling, like being evicted from a really amazing apartment building in a fantastic neighborhood where you lived for years, where you were friends with most of your neighbors, who'd also lived there for years, where a very special, insular community had come together away from the eyes of the outside world.

And then one day some creep in a suit knocks on your door and says "Hey, you gotta clear out, we're knocking this whole place down in a couplea weeks.  Sure, you can stay until then.  But you can't take anything with you.  Huh?  I dunno, I think it's gonna be a parking lot or car dealership or something."


This will be the repository of my history of the game and the characters I played, updated periodically.
I'll see if I can figure out how automagically send updates through my twitter, @n3therg0at.
If not, bookmark away, or I think there's some way to follow the blog if you have a gmail/blogger account.



No comments:

Post a Comment